Welcome to the Murphy House! While visiting Oneonta, we invite you to stay at our Bed and Breakfast home.
Our charming city is nestled among the hills, directly off Interstate 88. Our bed and breakfast is located one block
from Main Street, in the Walnut Street National Historic District. Guests always enjoy the old neighborhood and its architecture, the walk
to Main Street cafes and shops, and our proximity to local colleges and tourist attractions.
We offer two well-appointed guest suites that are named after people from Oneonta's history. Each air-conditioned suite consists of a bedroom and a sitting room with
cable tv, wireless internet access, and a small refrigerator.
- Mr. Stanton's Suite has a queen bed, a twin bed, and a private adjoining bath.
- Mrs. Hanks' Suite has a king bed, a pullout twin sleeper, and a private bath located off the hall.
The décor includes vintage chenille, heirloom furnishings, and wallpaper reminiscent of my Grandma's. Guests appreciate how comfortable our beds are and how fresh the sheets smell after being dried on my clothesline.
Breakfast is served anytime between 7:30 and 9:30 am. Folks always comment on how they enjoy the different recipes I’ve collected over the years - so much that I’ve published my own cookbook, available for purchase below. Some of the ‘favorites’ I serve are gingerbread pancakes with homemade applesauce and whipped cream, oven souffles with bacon and
sausage, and my prize-winning 'Matchstick Carrot Muffins'. My jam is homemade and, of course, I use fresh eggs, real maple syrup, and seasonal fruits and vegetables from the Oneonta Farmer's Market. Once in a while I post a recipe on my Facebook page - if you are interested, the link is below.
With the seasons, our rates vary from $125-$160 plus tax per night for single or double occupancy. A
third person in a suite costs an additional $30 per night.
Please telephone or email us for availability.
Reservations are recommended, since we are closed occasionally for
We request a $50 per night deposit per suite. Deposits and balances may be paid by major credit cards via PayPal, cash, traveler's checks, or personal checks made out to 'The Murphy House'.
As much as we dislike ‘rules', we need to have a
- Smoking is not permitted.
- We cannot accommodate pets.
- We might be able to accept children under 10, circumstances permitting.
- Check-in is between 3 and 10 pm.
- Check-out is 11 am.
- Some weekends require a minimum stay.
- 'Summer' and 'college weekend' reservations require a 4-week notice of cancellation and re-rental of the suite for a refund of your deposit, minus a service charge. Other cancellations are more flexible but, unfortunately, require a service charge.
We are honored to be members of:
Recipes are made to be shared. Email me to purchase a copy of my cookbook, 'An Oneonta Good Morning at the Murphy House Bed and Breakfast' for $10 plus tax, shipping and handling.
We know you'll
appreciate our hospitality.
Thanks for considering us!